1. What is an element?
2. How many elements occur naturally?
3. Is water an element?
4. Which gas is necessary for substances to burn?
5. Why is hydrogen gas used as fuel for rockets?
6. Why are sodium and potassium stored under oil?
7. What is a compound?
8. How do compounds differ from elements?
9. What does a Hofmann voltameter do?
10. Which are the three methods by which elements can be separated from compounds?
11. What are mixtures?
12. Is a fizzy drink a compound or a mixture? Why?
13. What are polymers? Give examples and uses.