1. What did Democritus say about atoms?
2. What is Ernest Rutherford’s contribution to our understanding of the atom? What experiment did he conduct to reach his conclusions?
3. Make a timeline with regard to the most widely recognised models of the atom proposed by scientists till now.
4. Who discovered protons, electrons and neutrons?
5. Compare protons, neutrons and electrons in terms of position, mass and charge.
6. Why does an atom have no overall charge even though it is made up of charged particles?
7. What are molecules?
8. How are molecules formed?
9. Name some elements whose molecules are diatomic.
10. Are all compounds made up of molecules?
11. What is the difference between an atom and a molecule?