1. What are resistors?
2. What is the function of resistors in complicated circuits such as those of TVs and computers?
3. Name four different types of resistors.
4. What type of resistor is used to control the brightness of a bulb? Why?
5. ________________ resistors are used as volume controls.
6. What kind of resistor is used in electrical thermometers? Why?
7. Which resistor is used in smoke and burglar detectors? Why?
8. ____________ resistors are used in a digital camera to control the shutter speed. Why?
9. What kind of resistor is used in traffic lights and vending machines?
10. Which resistor is used to prevent circuit damage due to back electromotive force?
11. Draw the circuit symbols for the 4 different types of resistors.