1. What is resistance?
2. The unit of resistance is __________.
3. What is the symbol for resistance?
4. Write the equation that is used to measure resistance.
5. Which are the four factors affecting the resistance of a conductor ?
6. If I double the length of a copper wire, what happens to its resistance ?
7. I have two pieces of copper wire. One has double the cross sectional area than the other. Which wire will have less resistance?
8. If i have a long, thin nichrome wire and a long, thin copper wire, which one should I use to have the least resistance?
9. A copper wire is heated. Does its resistance increase or decrease?
10. When a current flows through a resistance, there is a ____________ ( cooling/ heating ) effect.
11. Explain how the principle of resistance is used in a light bulb.
12. Give one reason why tungsten used to make the filament of a bulb ?
13. Is tungsten an element or a compound?
14. Heating elements, as in toasters, hairdryers etc, are made of _____________ wire. It is made of ________ and ________.
15. When drawing a diagram, what is the symbol that represents a heating element?