1. What is static electricity or electrostatic charge?
2. When you slide out of the car and touch the door, it gives you a shock. Why?
3. Two negative charges _______ . ( attract / repel )
4. A negative charge and a positive charge _______ . ( attract / repel )
5. Two positive charges _______ . ( attract / repel )
6. From an atomic perspective, What happens when two objects are rubbed together?
7. What are conductors?
8. Why are metals such good electrical conductors?
9. Name three metals that are the best conductors.
10. Are non metals good conductors?
11. Name one non metal that is a good conductor.
12. Water, human body and earth are ________ conductors. ( good / poor )
13. What are insulators? Give some examples.
14. Why are insulators easy to charge by rubbing?
15. Is dry air an insulator or conductor?
16. Name three kinds of plastic that are good insulators.
17. What are cables made of? Why?
18. What are semi conductors? Give two examples.
19. Do semi conductors conduct better when they are warm or cold?