1. In 1609, _________________ became the first person to use a simple optical telescope. It could magnify objects about ______ times.
2. An optical telescope uses _____________ to produce images of distant objects.
3. Which is the largest optical telescope in the world? What does it do?
4. Why are larger mirrors better in optical telescopes?
5. Why are optical telescopes placed high above sea level and away from cities?
6. What is the Hubble Space Telescope?
7. Why is the Hubble Space Telescope able to give clearer and more detailed pictures than any telescope on Earth?
8. How does the Hubble Space Telescope form images and send them to Earth?
9. Check out online images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.