1. All sounds are caused by ____________________.
2. Explain what happens when we speak and how we hear it.
3. What is pitch?
4. The faster an object vibrates, the __________ the pitch.
5. A short string has a higher pitch than a long one when it vibrates. Why?
6. A plucked guitar string makes very little sound on its own. Why does it make a much louder sound when it is attached to a guitar?
7. In an electric guitar what makes the sound louder?
8. Three ways in which the pitch of the sound made by a guitar can be increased.
9. Explain how different sounds are produced in a saxophone.
10. Describe how musical instruments like violin, keyboard, & flute make musical sounds.
11. What do all musical instruments have in common about the way they make sound?
12. Explore the insides of a grand piano and how it works.