1. Group VII elements are ____________ ( metals/non-metals )
2. Name the five halogens.
3. Write the three main physical properties of halogens.
4. Which has higher density — fluorine or bromine?
5. Which has higher boiling point — iodine or chlorine?
6. What colour are halogens at room temperature?
7. Halogens react with metals to form compounds called ____________.
8. Iron + Fluorine à _____________
9. Why do halogens react in a similar way?
10. Why do nurses wipe our skin with a solution of iodine in ethanol before taking blood?
11. Why are halogens so reactive? Why does reactivity decrease down Group VII?
12. When halogen atoms react with metal atoms, they _________ ( give up/ accept ) electrons forming _________ ( ionic/covalent ) bonds.
13. Cl2 + 2KBr à _______ + _______
14. Br2 + 2KI à _______ + _______