1. Name the six alkali metals.
2. Lithium, sodium and Potassium are safe to keep in the school lab. Do you agree?
3. Write the four main physical properties of alkali metals.
4. Which is softer – potassium or sodium?
5. Which alkali metal has the highest melting point?
6. When reacting vigorously with water,
sodium + water à _____________ + ____________
7. Why are alkali metals named so?
8. potassium + chlorine à _____________
9. lithium + oxygen à ______________
10. Reactivity ________________ ( increases/decreases ) as we go down Group I.
11. In the lab, why are lithium, sodium and potassium stored under oil?
12. Atoms with the same number of ___________ electrons react in a similar way.
13. The alkali metals are the most reactive of all metals. True or false.
14. Why are alkali metals so reactive?
15. The alkali metals form ________ ( covalent/ionic ) compounds.
16. Sodium Chloride is made up of the ions _____ and ______.
17. ___________ is the lightest of all metals.