1. The four main groups of organic chemicals used by living things are:
3. Large organic molecules are made up of similar smaller molecules called _____________.
5. ___________ are the simplest carbohydrates.
6. ___________ are formed from many monosaccharide molecules.
7. How are lipids formed?
8. ___________ are solid at room temperature and ___________ are liquid at room temperature.
9. Proteins are made up of long chains of subunits called ____________ joined together in particular sequences.
10. There are 20 different kinds of _____________.
11. _______________, the protein molecule in hair and nails, is long and thin.
12. _______________, the proein molecule that carries oxygen in red blood cells is spherical.
13. Give 2 examples each for organic molecules that are
14. ______________ are made up of long chains of subunits called nucleotides.