By whole numbers:
Line up the decimal point in the quotient with the decimal point in the dividend and divide normally.
By powers of 10:
By other multiples of 10:
1. First divide the decimal by the non-zero digit in the divisor.
2. Count the number of zeroes in the divisor.
3. Move the decimal point to the left in the quotient, equal to the number of zeroes in the divisor.
By other decimals:
1. Make the divisor a whole number by moving the decimal point to the right.
2. Move the decimal point in the dividend , the same number of places to the right.
3. Now divide the dividend by the new whole number divisor.